The University has purchased a commercial insurance policy to cover most on-campus student organization events. Student Organizations are responsible for making sure their on-campus events are covered under this commercial policy.
For more information please visit MarshCampusConnexions.
Steps to Receive Event Coverage:
1) Register your Student Organization
- Coverage is only available for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs).
2) Obtain Proper Authorization for Use of the Facility
- Reserve rooms and facilities through CES.
3) Determine whether you need to sign up for coverage
You MUST sign up for coverage if your organization is holding the following type of event on campus:
- Animal Show
- Campus Tours
- Film Shoots
- For a complete list click HERE
4) Apply for Coverage
- Visit Campus Connexions Insurance and click on the “Apply Online” link.
- If the details of your event require the paper application, please print, complete, and submit it to your Reservation Coordinator.
Is your organization covered by a national or parent organization?
Student organizations that have their own liability insurance or are covered through a national or parent organization are not eligible for insurance through Campus Connexions.
Groups need to provide a Certificate of Insurance that meets the following requirements:
- Your registered student organization at UC Davis must be listed as the Insured or Additional Insured.
- The REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA must be listed as Additional Insured.
- The Insurer/Producer name and contact information must be on the certificate.
- The policy start and end date must encompass the entire length of the event.
- The policy must include General Liability coverage of at least $1,000,000.
- The Certificate of Insurance must provide 30 days’ advance written notice to the University of any modification, change, or cancellation of any component of the insurance coverage.
Send Certificates of Insurance to Anne Myler, Center for Student Involvement, UC Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 530-752-4951.
The official address for the Regents is listed below.
The Regents of the University of California
1111 Franklin Street
Oakland, CA 94607
- Click on this link to access the Participant Waiver: Waiver-RSO_Participant.
- DO NOT change any other language in the document as it is a legal document and alteration will make the waiver invalid.
- Check with your Reservation Coordinator if your event requires Participant Waivers.