What is a registered student organization?
Every year, CSI registers over 500 student organizations on the UC Davis campus. It is through registration as a student organization that your group is recognized by the University. This entitles you and your group to a variety of services from CSI and other campus departments. Registration expires June 30 each year.
What are the benefits of registering my group?
- Use of reservable University facilities and properties for occasional activities such as meetings, social events, fundraising, speakers and conferences.
- A campus mailbox and use of campus mail for correspondence with members who have
campus addresses and for conducting the organization’s business with campus departments.
- Free use of storage lockers for your group (available on a first come, first served basis.)
- The privilege to post and distribute materials on campus in accordance with the Distribution of Literature and Posting Policies and the UC Davis Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Opportunities to sponsor fundraising activities on campus.
- Financial services through a campus Agency Account.
- Eligibility for undergraduate clubs to apply for funds from CFC.
- The use of MU & Silo outdoor tables for distributing information and fundraising.
- The use of display boards on the 1st floor of the MU.
- Access to CSI resources including advising, leadership training programs, event planning,
problem solving, referrals, and participation in the Activities Fair.
Sounds good! How do I get started?
Beginning May 1st, 2013 either the president or treasurer must complete the CSI online orientation to acquaint you and your group with the benefits and responsibilities that come with being a registered student organization on campus. A series of questions sprinkled throughout will test you on your knowledge! (Contact CSI at 752-2027 if you would like to schedule an in-person orientation.)
Current registrations and agency accounts expire on June 30th, 2013.