The UC Davis Center for Student Involvement (CSI) is a department within the Division of Student Affairs and the Community Resource and Retention Centers. We strive to improve the retention of all UC Davis students by cultivating an environment of engagement, advocacy, collaboration, empowerment, inclusiveness, programming, leadership development, learning communities.
We serve as the primary contacts for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) and advise Club Finance Council and Picnic Day Board. CSI staff assists these organizations with funding, event planning, leadership development, and organizational growth and management. Our office also serves as the primary contact in Student Affairs for freedom of expression response, consulting, and advocacy. In order to enhance the overall student experience, we intentionally ground our work in the field of Student Affairs and informed by the Relational Leadership Model, student development theories and employ best practices to guide our work.
How we can help you and your group
The staff of CSI are all experienced program consultants and administrators. We have extensive knowledge about students organizations and co-curricular activities, event planning, campus and community resources, and campus, local, state, and federal policies and procedures. In addition, we can provide you with information, guidance, services, and support with the following:
- Registration of your group
- Fundraising: what it is, how, when, and where you may do it
- Club Finance Council and other funding sources for your group
- Leadership development and team building for officers and members
- Group problem solving and conflict resolution
- Participation in the annual Involvement Fair
- Campus awards for individuals and groups
- Other applications and deadlines
- Scheduling of appointments with program coordinators
- Mailboxes and storage space
- Financial accounts and EIN forms to obtain a banking ID number
- Other campus resources