The Center for Student Involvement is the campus department through which groups register as a student organization at UC Davis. We are here to help groups operate successfully on campus and to support the educational experience which organizations provide for student members – as well as the entire campus community.
Each year thousands of important programs and services are offered by student organizations at UC Davis. Student organizations play an integral role in the quality of the campus environment and the educational process for students, faculty, staff, and the community at large. Their programs directly enhance and support academic and career preparation, cultural diversity and awareness, campus tradition, public service, leadership, personal growth, and a greater understanding of the world around us.
The experiences which students personally gain through participation in co-curricular activities help them meet friends, clarify values, apply classroom learning, gain a sense of accomplishment, develop role models, and learn to work cooperatively with others. These experiences not only reinforce personal development and contributions during a student’s education at UC Davis, but also provide skills, behaviors, and insights for use throughout life.
How we can help you and your group
The staff of CSI are all experienced program consultants and administrators. We have extensive knowledge about students organizations and co-curricular activities, event planning, campus and community resources, and campus, local, state, and federal policies and procedures. In addition, we can provide you with information, guidance, services, and support with the following:
- Registration of your group
- Fundraising: what it is, how, when, and where you may do it
- Club Finance Council and other funding sources for your group
- Leadership development and team building for officers and members
- Group problem solving and conflict resolution
- Participation in the annual Involvement Fair
- Campus awards for individuals and groups
- Other applications and deadlines
- Scheduling of appointments with program coordinators
- Mailboxes and storage space
- Financial accounts and EIN forms to obtain a banking ID number
- Other campus resources