Center for Student Involvement will be hiring Administrative Assistants for the 2018-2019 school year. Under the supervision of the Student Activities Coordinator, Admin Interns provide advising services to Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) regarding student organization support services, event planning and facility reservations, AggieLife (online student organization management system), registration, fundraising and financial management, and navigating campus policies and procedures. Admin Interns perform various administrative duties for the multiple programs within CSI.
Customer service is a significant responsibility of this position and requires cooperative teamwork. Peer Advisors also provide administrative support in a high traffic reception area, answer a telephone, screen and process department and program forms, distribute mail, and maintain filing system for 850+ student organizations. The students that fill this position may help create and maintain graphs, charts, and spread sheets. Students should be involved with student organizations on campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support student organizations by providing advising services regarding support services, leadership development, event planning, registering student organizations, fundraising and financial management, and navigating campus policies and procedures.
- Answer questions regarding student organizations, CSI programs, and campus policies and procedures accurately.
- Interact with students and community members that walk into, call, or email the CSI office.
- Provide advice to students as they navigate campus policies and being an officer for student organizations.
- Regularly process numerous forms on AggieLife.
- Collect and record data as student organizations complete different processes.
- Carry out other duties as assigned that support CSI programs and services.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Expected to have knowledge of and/or the ability to learn about campus policies and procedures.
- Must have strong administrative skills and be able to work on the computer for long periods of time.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication required for answering questions and clarifying policies.
- Must be reliable and self-motivated.
- Detail orientated.
- Able to work independently or as a team under deadline pressure is required.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise discretion and sound judgment.
- Must be registered UC Davis Student in good academic standing (2.0) and maintain this status while employed with CSI. Cumulative GPA will be confirmed following each quarter.
- Able to attend monthly staff in-service trainings on the first Wednesday of each month at 8am while school is in session.
- Attend Fall Training the week before Welcome Week (September 17-September 21).
- Be able to work Picnic Day 2019.
Hours: 10 hours per week on average
Position Length: September 2018-June 2019 (Will be able to work Summer 2018 if in Davis)
For more information about the position or application process, please contact Jaime Allen (email@example.com, 530-752-4944) or visit Center for Student Involvement (4th floor Memorial Union, Room 442).