Registered student organizations may open and maintain an agency account on campus. This account has a $35 annual fee. Although it differs from a typical bank account in that you have no checkbook, it may be used as the RSO’s general operating fund for all income, expenditures and campus recharges.
Benefits of an Agency Account
- It provides access to financial services on campus.
- It is required to reserve campus facilities.
- It is required to receive CFC grants and loans and most other campus grants.
- Most campus departments require it to recharge for services (e.g., audiovisual equipment, catering, security, stage, tables, chairs, etc.).
- It enables you to establish a gift account for deposit of donations that are tax deductible (with a 6% University assessment).
How to Activate Your Agency Account
Once your RSO is registered, you may activate your Agency Account at any time during the year. Your account will be activated within 10 working days following payment of the annual fee.
- Agency Account activation fees vary. If your student organization registered and activated its agency account by June 30, 2018, the fee was $35. After that date, the fee is $45. New student organizations always qualify for the $35 fee.
- New accounts or existing accounts without $35 (or $45) balance: Bring the annual activation fee in cash or check payable to UC Regents and a PRINTED copy of your registration approval/confirmation email to the ARC Business Center (Room 156). This email will be automated and sent from AggieLife to the officer who submitted the registration form.
- Existing accounts with $35+ (or $45+) balance: The annual activation fee will be automatically deducted from your existing agency account. No action is necessary.
How to Check Your Balance
Your student organization’s account balance and transaction listing can be viewed on AggieLife. Presidents/Primary Leaders and Treasurers/Financial Officers have access to the Finance tab. Visit your organization, click Manage Organization, then click Finance in the toolbar.
If you have have questions about what you see on AggieLife, please contact CSI at email@example.com.
Policies & Forms
Agency Account Policies (PDF)
Agency Account Transaction Request Form (AggieLife Form)
- Please utilize this form for all Agency Account transaction requests, including:
- Departmental Funding: when your Registered Student Organization (RSO) has been approved for a grant/funding from another department
- Check Request: when you would like to request funds for reimbursement to an individual or for deposit in RSO agency account or off-campus bank account, or to pay vendor or for services provided
- Transfer of funds to another RSO Agency Account: when you would like to transfer funds from your RSO’s agency account to another RSO’s agency account
- Only one transaction type can be requested at a time.
- Only the President/Primary Officer or Treasurer/Financial Officer (as listed on the RSO’s registration in AggieLife) are permitted to submit transaction requests.
- Transactions will be processed within 15 business days (3 weeks) from the date the form is approved. Time sensitive requests or those with deadlines should be submitted with that processing timeline in mind.
- Still have questions about the Agency Account Transaction Request Form? Check out the Agency Account Transaction Request Form Walkthrough.
- Are you a department representative with questions about approving Departmental Sponsorships? Review the Departmental Funding Approval Procedure for more information.
If you have questions about your agency account or need assistance, please come to CSI at 442 MU and someone will be happy to help you.