Supporting documents consist of quotes, estimates, and/or reservation confirmations for the items you are requesting CFC funding. They must be attached to your grant application when you turn it in. A grant application that does not include supporting documents will not be funded. Quotes that are older than 60 days will not be accepted.Note that CFC cannot fund line-items that have already been paid for. Make sure that the costs listed on your quotes match up with the amount requested on your grant application. These are suggested quotes. Ultimately the CFC Board will determine if your quote is sufficient.
In addition to the sample quotes below, take a look at the sample grants page here.
- Gas Quote using Gasbuddy.com: CFC requests that any student organization requesting funding for gas expenses use Gasbuddy.com. Note that if the gas is for a travel-related event, it will fall under the CFC Travel Cap.
- Sample Keynote Speaker Quotes: Student Organizations often have speakers come to their events and presentations.
- On-Campus Facility Rental: Many student organizations rent campus spaces for their events. Some examples of paid spaces include the ARC, some rooms in the Memorial Union, and the Student Community Center. Please note that there are rules regarding on-campus facility rentals.
- Sample Off-Campus Facility Rental Quotes: These estimates will vary in their format, and sometimes will even be relayed via email. They must include a confirmation of the reservation and the cost estimate of the space.
- Sample Publicity Material Quotes: CFC can provide funding for publications, publicity, and other one-time-use items (event-specific brochures, flyers, etc).
- Sample Equipment Rental Quotes: Student Organizations can request CFC funding for equipment rentals for their events. These may include things like vehicle rentals, camping gear, tables, chairs, A/V equipment, and much more. Students can rent A/V equipment on-campus through the ASUCD Entertainment Council.
- Sample Service Quotes: Student organizations often need services rendered for their events. This may include things like having a photographer, paying for Custodial services, Grounds, Aggie Hosts, UCD Ticket Office, etc.
- Sample Performance Quotes: Quotes for performers (DJs, Dance groups, singers, etc) for your organizations event must include an agreed upon price, and indicate that the price was agreed upon by the performer (or the performers booking agent.) This can be indicated by obtaining a quote on the performers official letter-head, providing a contract, or having an email sent from the performer.
- Sample Travel Quotes: For travel expenses booked online (such as vehicle rentals, airplane tickets, train tickets, hotels, etc), proceed with the checkout until you have a cost estimate. A screenshot of the estimate page from check-out will be accepted as a quote. Funding for these events would fall under the CFC Travel Cap.
- Sample Registration and Ticket Quotes: Registration and ticket quotes may include the price-per-ticket, which you can then use to determine estimated total cost. If there are any group rates or discounts, those need to be factored into your estimate as well. If the registration or ticket costs are part of a travel-related event, then those costs would fall under the CFC Travel Cap.
- ASUCD has provided information about their ASUCD Service Units, many of which provide services student organizations need for their events.