Center for Student Involvement will be hiring two Involvement Mentors for the 2018-2019 school year. Under the supervision of the Student Activities Coordinator, Involvement Mentors will support students as they develop as leaders and/or find involvement opportunities on campus. They will do this through facilitating workshops, having office hours for advising, and going to outreach events. To be successful in this position, candidates should have experience as a leader on campus, the ability to work independently, and strong communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership Development Support:
- Serve on the planning committee for the Student Organization Leadership Summit.
- Help plan programs for the Center for Student Involvement’s theme floor in the residence halls.
- Develop and facilitate original workshops covering various leadership and organizational management topics.
- Update and create online resource and handouts about leadership and organizational management topics.
- Give guidance to students looking to get involved on campus.
- Provide advice to students as they navigate campus policies and being an officer for student organizations.
- Connect with current and incoming students to promote CSI services and programs at on-campus outreach events.
- Clearly articulate the benefits of being involved in student organizations.
- Help plan, market, run, and assess CSI and campus wide events.
- Carry out other duties as assigned that support CSI programs and services.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Expected to have knowledge of and/or the ability to learn about campus policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication.
- Must be reliable and self-motivated.
- Experience with Registered Student Organizations at UC Davis.
- Able to work independently or as a team
- Able to work under deadline pressure is required.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise discretion and sound judgment.
- Must be registered UC Davis Student in good academic standing (2.0) and maintain this status while employed with CSI. Cumulative GPA will be confirmed following each quarter.
- Able to attend monthly staff in-service trainings on the first Wednesday of each month at 8am while school is in session.
- Attend Fall Training the week before Welcome Week (September 17-September 21).
- Be able to work Picnic Day 2019.
Hours: 10 hours per week on average
Position Length: September 2018-June 2019 (Will be able to work Summer 2018 if in Davis)
For more information about the position or application process, please contact Jaime Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org, 530-752-4944) or visit Center for Student Involvement (4th floor Memorial Union, Room 442).