Under the supervision of the Student Activities Coordinator, the Media and Publicity Intern will support Center for Student Involvement’s marketing and advertising efforts while also serving as an ambassador for the office. The Media and Publicity Intern will create graphics to promote CSI events, program, and services, coordinate CSI social media accounts, and assist with website maintenance. This position will also document CSI events with photography and videography.
Center for Student Involvement is looking for candidates with graphic design, social media, video production, photography, and/or WordPress experience. Involvement in Registered Student Organizations is not required. DACAmented students are eligible to apply. Applicants will be asked to share a website, video, or graphic they have created when applying.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and produce promotional materials announcing Center for Student Involvement programs and services.
- Support Center for Student Involvement’s presence on social media.
- Create and schedule posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Create YouTube tutorial videos and videos to promote Center for Student Involvement programs and events.
- Maintain, update, and further develop the existing Center for Student Involvement website.
- Ensure the format and design of the website is consistent.
Photography and/or Videography
- Capture, edit, and publish photographs of Center for Student Involvement and Registered Student Organization events.
- Produce videos for CSI from pre-production to post-production and publishing.
- Carry out other duties as assigned that support CSI programs and services.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be a registered UC Davis student in good academic standing (2.2 GPA).
- Must have knowledge, awareness and/or ability to learn about campus policies and procedures related to student organizations.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be well organized and able to manage a multitude of tasks simultaneously under pressure and with accuracy.
- Must be able to remain focused in an environment with constant interruptions.
- Must be reliable and self-motivated.
- Attend weekly meetings with supervisor.
- Experience with graphic design.
- Experience with social media management using platforms such as: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Experience producing and editing videos.
- Photography and related editing experience. (CSI has a Nikon D7100.)
- Experience with WordPress.
- Experience with Adobe software, including Premiere, InDesign, and others.
Hours: 13-15 hours/week on average
For more information about the position or applying, please contact Student Activities Coordinator Molly Bechtel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit Center for Student Involvement at 442 Memorial Union.Apply