The Center for Student Involvement empowers students to be responsible members of society and fosters respectful communities at UC Davis. We believe that students enhance their education through co-curricular experiences. We give students opportunities for campus involvement, leadership development, community service, cross-cultural competence and collaboration by providing resources and support to student organizations and programs. We further support the recruitment and retention of a diverse student body.
We promote the UC Davis Principles of Community which affirm the right of freedom of expression within our community and our commitment to the highest standards of civility and respect, by helping students learn from each other in a safe and constructive environment.
We accomplish this mission by practicing the following values:
- Accountability: We are accountable to our students and the state of California to provide students at all levels with opportunities to develop skills and abilities that enable them to be productive and contributing participants in a global society.
- Student organization support: We serve as a neutral and unbiased resource to all student organizations. We provide registration, education and support services to these organizations to promote organizational development and to facilitate their programs and activities, which enrich campus life, contribute community service and promote opportunities for student development.
- Leadership development: We promote leadership skill development through training and resources for student organization leaders and through community leadership retreats.
- Advocacy: We advocate for registered student organization interests and CSI programs, and for the inclusion of student input in University planning, policy setting and decision-making.
- Freedom of expression: We strive to maintain a safe environment conducive to activism and the expression of diverse viewpoints by implementing time, place and manner regulations and nurturing a climate of respect.
- Diversity: We value the recruitment and retention of a diverse student body by providing student-initiated outreach programs and opportunities for students to explore their identity and develop strong communities and cultural programs.
- Guidance: We facilitate individual student and student organization learning by publicizing, explaining and applying campus policies and procedures.
- Stewardship: We are committed to being good stewards of the funds we receive and using them wisely and efficiently to serve students and fulfill the mission of the University.
- Accessibility: We continue to apply current technology to provide easy access to our information and services.
- Productive work environment: We are responsible for maintaining a supportive work environment where employees take pride in their work, are fairly compensated, are provided adequate resources to do the job and are recognized for their efforts.