The Beyond Tolerance Program provides monetary support up to $200 a year to Registered Student Organizations for programs and events that meet the objectives of the Beyond Tolerance Program and the Campus Hate Free Initiative.
In the spirit of the Principles of Community, Beyond Tolerance encourages everyone to appreciate and celebrate the diversity on campus. The Beyond Tolerance Program is sponsored by the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) in partnership with the Office of Campus Community Relations as a part of the Hate-Free Campus Initiative. The program offers financial support to Registered Student Organization programs that confront and stop acts of hate, foster a greater awareness of and appreciation for diversity, promote civility and respect in our human interactions, and build a more inclusive campus community.
The Hate-Free Campus Initiative was developed in 2010 by the Campus Council on Community and Diversity (CCC&D) as a part of their Campus Action Plan. The Initiative seeks to proactively engage the entire campus community in educational programs, training, and activities designed to confront and stop acts of hate, foster a greater awareness and appreciation for diversity, promote civility and respect in our human interactions, and build a more inclusive campus community.
- Submit Beyond Tolerance Application on Orgsync (online form) at least 30 days before the event takes place.
- Meet with a CSI Peer Advisor to review the application and fill out the finance agreement.
- Have all five officer accept the terms and conditions of the finance agreement on OrgSync. We cannot transfer the funds your organization has been awarded until you do this.
- Have the event. Be sure to keep any receipts for items purchased using Beyond Tolerance funds.
- Submit the Expenditure Report no more than two weeks after the event. Any unused funds will be transferred back to CSI.
Examples of Items that can be Funded (Items must be one-time use for the specific event the organization is getting funding for.)
- Space/Venue Rentals
- Equipment Rentals
- Fees and Services
- Printing costs
- Food (not to exceed 50% of the total funds requested/allocated/used.)
Examples of Items that cannot be Funded (Items that will be kept after the event or items that are not for the specific event the organization is getting funding for.)
- Equipment Purchases
- Food in excess of 50% of the total funds requested/allocated/used.
Off-campus events cannot be funded through this grant. Events that have an admission fee cannot be funded through this grant.
- The organization must be registered and in good standing with the Center for Student Involvement.
- The program must support the mission of Center for Student Involvement which retains the right to award co-sponsorships at its discretion.
- The program must further the Hate-Free Campus Initiative.
- All Registered Student Organizations that apply must have an active Agency Account.
- The application must be submitted no less than thirty days in advance of the event date by one of the listed officers for the organization.
- Events must be free of charge and open to the entire campus community.
- Events must take place on the UC Davis campus.
- Please note that fundraising and donation collections are not allowed at any CSI co-sponsored event.
- All student organizations must adhere to all building capacity regulations.
- Center for Student Involvement and the Office of Campus Community Relations must be acknowledged in all publicity material including flyers, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- I Will Make Sparrows into Eagles- A Journey into Sikhi (Sikh Cultural Association)
- Panel Discussion with LGBT+ DVMs (Broad Spectrum: Student Chapter of the LGVMA at UC Davis)
- ExtravaCanza (Minority Association of Premedical Studnets)
- Overcoming Girl on Girl Hate (IGNITE)
- Xicana Conference (MEChA)
- Fall 2016 Orientation (Vietnamese Cancer Awareness Research and Education Soceity)
- Alumni Night- Bumps in the Road to Success (Economics and Business Student Association)
2015-2016 Beyond Tolerance Programs
- Night with Omar Aziz (Afghan Student Association)
- Nigerian Cultural Show (Nigerian Student Association)
- Children's Fair (Autism Awareness Association)
- Davis Dheem Tana (Sunatya)
- Mujeres Ayudando la Raza's 20th Youth Conference (Mujeres Ayudando la Raza)
- Afghans in the Community (Afghan Student Association)
- Science Extravaganza (Chicano/a and Latino/a Engineers and Scientists Society)
- Unpacking Professionalism (Unpacking Professionalism)
- Health Colloquium (One Campus Health Coalition)
- Family Day Conference (Scholars Promoting Education Awareness and Knowledge)
- 5th Annual Native American Studies Graduate Student Symposium- Transition from the Fifth Sun: Global Indigenous Movements (Native American Graduate Student Association)
- MDA Transition Program Campus Tour (Muscular Dystrophy Awareness Club)
- Turban Hijabathon (Sikh Cultural Association)
- Raza Youth Empowerment Conference (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano/a de Aztlan)
- Navigating Male Dominated Fields (IGNITE at UC Davis)
- An Evening with Dr. Bennet Omalu (Nigerian Student Association)
- VN Cares Practical Day (VN Cares)
- MAPS 7th Annual Mentorship Dinner: Growth: Learning from our Experiences (Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students)
- VJP Spring Kickback (Vehli Janta)
2014-2015 Beyond Tolerance Programs
- California Student Sustainability Coalition Fall 2014 Convergence: Act Collectively, Transition Together: Systems for Justice (California Student Sustainability Coalition)
- SickSpits Fall Slam feat. Roxy Azari (SickSpits Spoken Word Collective)
- Pachuc@ Ball (M.E.Ch.A.)
- 4th Annual NAS Graduate Student Symposium, "Remaking the Indigenous Universe: Vision, Praxis, and Tradition" (Native American Studies Graduate Student Committee)
- Davis Dheem Tana 2015 (Visions at UC Davis)
- MDA Transitions Program Campus Tour (Muscular Dystrophy Awareness Club)
- Youth Conference (Mujeres Ayudando La Raza)
- Food for the Soul (Black Student Leadership Program)
- Queer Prom (Asian & Pacific Islander Queers)
- Dinner with Professionals (Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans)
- Science Extravaganza (Chicano and Latino Engineers and Scientists Society)
Battle of Identities: Being a Muslim American (Muslim Student Organization)