Under the supervision of the CSI Student Activities Coordinator, the CSI Reservations Assistant supports administrative functions, including processing Registered Student Organization reservations, data entry, reports and compliance, managing the events calendar on AggieLife, outreach, and content creation. The Reservations Assistant is versed in all applicable policies and procedures for Registered Student Organization reservations and is able to maintain all aspects of reservation/event related information, including inquiries, contacts, logistics, reporting and accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reservation Processing & Data Entry
- Maintains reservation request tracking system in terms of processing new reservations, altering current reservations, and referencing previous reservations.
- Follows up on tentative reservations to collect incomplete, updated, and or final event details.
- Conducts peer to peer event planning meetings with student clients to discuss event details and logistics.
- Ensures proper approval documents and processes for events are communicated to student organizations during planning process and maintained via tracking system in advance of events.
- Assists the Student Activities Coordinator to ensure that relevant policies are known to reservers and are adhered to. Capable of communicating policies and standards of conduct to effectively express expectations and problems to student organizations using the facilities.
Clerical & Financial Support
- Assists staff in scheduling appointments for logistics meetings and/or follow-ups with student organizations and appropriate full-time personnel.
- Produces daily, weekly and/or monthly reports of reservation requests, room use, etc.
- Verifies appropriate funds to prevent overdraft agency accounts.
- Promote and maintain Events Calendar on AggieLife.
- Verify and approve events align with reservations.
- Produces and writes content for monthly newsletter reports.
- Updates content on Reservations website.
- Produces and presents training workshops for Authorized Reservers.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure functions of all Center for Student Involvement responsibilities.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be a registered UC Davis student in good academic standing.
- Must have knowledge, awareness and/or ability to learn about campus policies and procedures related to student organization activity, event planning, insurance and risk management, space reservation process, fundraising and leadership development.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be well organized and able to manage a multitude of tasks simultaneously under pressure and with accuracy.
- Must be able to remain focused in an environment with constant interruptions.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use and learn to use various computer software programs and processes including: scheduling software, email programs, web browsers, and office related word processing programs.