What is a registered student organization?
Every year, CSI registers over 650 student organizations on the UC Davis campus. It is through registration as a student organization that your group is recognized by the University. This entitles you and your group to a variety of services from CSI and other campus departments. Registration expires June 30 each year.
What are the benefits of registering my group?
- Use of reservable University facilities and properties for occasional activities such as meetings, social events, fundraising, speakers and conferences.
- A campus mailbox and use of campus mail for correspondence with members who have
campus addresses and for conducting the organization’s business with campus departments.
- Free use of storage lockers for your group (available on a first come, first served basis.)
- The privilege to post and distribute materials on campus in accordance with the Distribution of Literature and Posting Policies and the UC Davis Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Opportunities to sponsor fundraising activities on campus.
- Financial services through a campus Agency Account.
- Eligibility for undergraduate clubs to apply for funds from CFC.
- The use of MU & Silo outdoor tables for distributing information and fundraising.
- Access to CSI resources including advising, leadership training programs, event planning, problem solving, referrals, and participation in the Activities Fair.
Sounds good! How do I get started?
Either the president or treasurer must complete the CSI online orientation to acquaint you and your group with the benefits and responsibilities that come with being a registered student organization on campus. A series of questions sprinkled throughout will test you on your knowledge! (Contact CSI at 752-2027 if you would like to schedule an in-person orientation.)
Registrations and agency accounts expire on June 30th of each year.