Online registration for Fall Quarter 2017 tabling at the Memorial Union and Silo begins Monday, August 28 at 10am. Registration is online and first come, first serve for the first three weeks of Fall Quarter: September 25-29, October 2-6, and October 9-13.
Registered student organizations and departments may reserve one of the designated tables at the Memorial Union (MU) and Silo Union through the Information Desk, located on the first floor of the Memorial Union.
Table reservations may not be made more than 4 weeks in advance.
Every student organization conducting a fundraising event at an MU or Silo table must first have an Application to Raise Funds approved by the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) and receive a Permit to Sell, which must be presented to the Information Desk and then clearly displayed at the table. Tables are monitored by the Information Desk staff. Departments receive fundraising approval and a Permit to Sell from Conference & Event Services (CES).
Registered student organizations may also request to table in the Dining Commons during lunch or dinner hours, up to three times per quarter. More information is available at Reaching the Residents through Student Housing and Dining Services.
Use by Off-Campus Groups & Individuals
Reservations of MU/Silo tables may not be made more than 2 weeks in advance through the Information Desk on the first floor of the MU.
Off-campus non-profit groups must provide a Tax ID/EIN to sell non-commercial literature priced to cover “reasonable cost of production”. Fundraising approval must be obtained from Conference & Event Services (CES) and a Permit to Sell must be displayed on the table.
Policies Applying to All Table Reservations
- Tables are made available for disseminating literature and information, recruiting members and conducting approved fundraising activities.
- Organizations must check in at the Information Desk at the beginning of every reservation period.
- Tables must be claimed by noon on the reservation day. If your table is not claimed by noon, you will forfeit your reservation for that date.
- Tables must be staffed at all times by a member of the group.
- Displays and activities associated with the table reservation cannot block the free flow of traffic or encroach on another table.
- No posting is permitted on walls, windows, doors, trees or receptacles around the table, but posters may be attached to the table.
- Commercial sales and activities are strictly prohibited. Groups wishing to conduct commercial activities may contact the UC Davis Stores at (530) 757-3080 to contract and pay for vendor space that is sometimes available for such activities.