In this Bulletin…
Dates and Deadlines
- Division of Student Affairs Support for Registered Student Organization Reservation Fees & Events
- Student Organization Leadership Summit Registration
- The BUZZ: Seeking Performers, Paid Service Groups and Opening Acts!
- Involvement Fair: Sign-ups Now Open for Tables, Performers and Paid Service Groups
- Join CSI’s Student Advisory Council
- Pepsi Product Funding Now Available
- Pavilion/ARC Open Rec Reservations begin September 1
- ASUCD Refrigerator Services Seeking RSOs for Paid Service Opportunity
- World Food Day Video Challenge
- Fundamentals of Leadership Class Reminder & CRN
- MU/Silo Tabling Sign-ups begin August 22
- Add Your RSO Events to the Fall Welcome Calendar
Dates and Deadlines
August 22: Online reservations accepted for MU/Silo tables for first 3 weeks of Fall Quarter
September 19: Weekly meeting reservations accepted by Conference and Event Services online
September 19: CSI academic year hours resume (Monday-Thursday, 9am-6pm, and Friday, 9am-5pm)
September 21: Fall instruction begins
September 23: The BUZZ
October 3: Requests for reservations exceeding the 4 hour/week limit accepted
October 5: Involvement Fair, 10am-2pm, West Quad
October 6: Club Finance Council Application Review Sessions, 1-3pm, 442 Memorial Union and Student Community Center
October 11: CSI Open House, 12-2pm, 442 Memorial Union
October 13: CFC Grant Application Intake #1, 9am-4pm, 442 Memorial Union
The Division of Student Affairs is dedicated to advancing the University’s mission by promoting student development and campus community. Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) seek to fulfill that mission with programs and activities that foster student life and involvement on campus. The rising costs associated with RSO-sponsored campus events and financial strain of student fee increases should not be detrimental to the vibrant and diverse engagement opportunities provided by RSOs at UC Davis.
As such, the Division of Student Affairs has made a large financial commitment to ensure RSOs continue to receive the allotted 4 hours of Meeting reservations per week and 3 Special Event reservations per quarter in general assignment spaces for free through the 2016-2017 academic year.
The Conference and Event Services rates for non-refundable reservation fees will be $45 in facilities that charge rental fees (paid spaces) and $10 in general assignment spaces in excess of the allotment described above. Reservation fees will be collected for events that fall within the following parameters:
- Reservations in all paid spaces
- Reservations that are charging registration or collecting funds in general assignment spaces
- Reservations for weekly meetings in excess of four hours per week in general assignment spaces
- Reservations for Special Events in excess of allotted three per quarter in general assignment spaces
RSOs are responsible for:
- Cancelling reservations that are no longer needed.
- Periodically reviewing Authorized Users in OrgSync to ensure accuracy.
- Set-up and take-down requirements for the space being reserved.
- Following scheduling guidelines for space as identified in the CES reservation system.
- Reservations requiring Conference and Event Services staff support beyond defined service levels, may incur a separate coordination fee billed in 15 minute increments at an hourly rate of $105.
For more information about RSO reservations, including frequently asked questions and fees, please visit the Center for Student Involvement’s Reservations webpage.
The Center for Student Involvement invites you to our annual Summit to prepare you as a student leader in feeling confident for the coming year! Join us September 20 from 12:30-5pm in Wellman Hall 216 to learn and be inspired to lead your student organization to success!
An alumna keynote speaker and a panel of experienced student organization officers will present their expertise in the field. Plus, four workshops will be offered to provide new skills and tips to enhance your leadership abilities and perk up your student organization, resume, and future career!
The BUZZ will be held on Friday, September 25 from 6-10pm on the Quad.
Perform at The BUZZ and share your talent with 5,000+ attendees! Performances will kick off the event between 6:15-7:15pm. Click to apply.
Support our annual Fall Welcome event and get paid! Check out the shifts’ time commitments and compensation, then sign up.
Don’t miss our annual student organization showcase in 2016! To sign up, visit the Event on OrgSync. Under “Will you be attending?” click the green button – “Yes, Register Now” and complete the pre-registration form.
Join 200+ student organizations and campus departments to let the campus community know who you are and what you have to offer. Sign up today!
Want to perform at the Involvement Fair? Apply now! Performances will occur from 12-1pm. Performers will have the opportunity to share their talent with 3,000+ attendees!
CSI’s Student Advisory Council provides insight into the needs of student organizations and voices concerns of student organization officers so CSI can better support, empower, and advocate for student organizations. Students interested in offering recommendations on how CSI can better service student orgs and creating solutions to concerns student orgs have should apply to be a member of the Student Advisory Council. Apply today or email questions to Student Activities Coordinator Jaime Allen.
Each quarter, $1,650 in Pepsi products are available for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) through application to and approval by the Center for Student Involvement. Applications must be complete and submitted three weeks prior to the event to be considered. Submission does not guarantee funding.
In order for your RSO’s event to be considered for Pepsi funding, it must meet the following criteria:
- Events must be held on campus.
- The event must have a documented reservation with approval in process.
- Events must be campus-wide and open to all students. (No general meetings will be eligible for free Pepsi products.)
- The event must be free and for UC Davis students only. Faculty, staff and departmental events are not eligible.
- Allocated beverages may NOT be sold or used to generate profit in any way, including use as a raffle prize.
- RSO must be in good standing with CSI.
RSOs may request up to $175 per academic year in Pepsi product funding. Learn more and apply for funding at our website.
Dance groups registered for 2016-17 can submit Fall 2016 reservation requests for the ARC Dance Studio or Pavilion Upper Levels Northeast, Southeast and Southwest beginning September 1. Do not submit reservation requests in advance of September 1. Groups may make reservations for a period of two hours twice a week (4 hours/week total). Groups may use personal radios in these spaces. No storage space will be available.
To reserve space, a Facility Request Form must be filled out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration status will be verified before reservation requests will be processed. Your organization will receive confirmation stating all times it has reserved. Be sure to keep this confirmation in case of any conflict. Reservations may be cancelled due to special events taking place in Pavilion, and groups will be notified when such cancellations occur.
Refrigerator Services is looking for teams to help with fridge distribution! Refrigerators will be distributed Monday, September 19 and Tuesday, September 20. Teams will be paid $500 per team for a full day of work. Teams should be a minimum of 10 people and should plan to work the full day (we may end early if all fridges are delivered early). Snacks in the morning and a lunch will be provided. See the schedule below.
September 19 (Cuarto & Segundo)
Warehouse Team: 9 am to 5 pm
On-site Teams: 9:30 am to 5 pm
September 20 (Tercero)
Warehouse Team: 9 am to 5 pm
On-site Team: 9:30 am to 5 pm
Please contact Elizabeth at email@example.com by September 1 to sign up your team.
In a world of more than 7 billion people, one in nine still live with chronic hunger. Thousands of students are working with faculty and researchers across the University of California system to address this challenge through scientific research. In the spirit of World Food Day, we’re calling on those students to share the impact of UC research in food and nutrition.
Make a video on reducing hunger or improving health and win $1,000 in cash! and an all-expenses-paid trip for up to three team members to the international symposium of the World Food Prize – the most prestigious award in food and agriculture. Second place gets $500 and an honorable mention. The top five will be promoted across the 10 UC campuses. Learn more and submit your video by September 7!
If you are a new officer for your student org, the CSI’s Fundamentals of Leadership Class is meant for you! This 2 unit/pass no pass class is a great way for you to learn the needed skills and strategies to successful lead your student org for the coming year. Join us on Wednesdays at 2:10-4pm in the De Carli Room to learn about group development, communication, goal setting and planning, marketing, and much more. Use the CRN 31290 to sign-up. Email questions to Student Activities Coordinator Jaime Allen.
For the first three weeks of Fall Quarter, September 19-23, September 26-30, and October 3-7, Memorial Union and Silo table space will be reserved online. Full registration details will be sent to all student organizations registered for 2016-17 via email by Friday, August 19.
- Online reservations begin Monday, August 22 at 10am.
- All registered student groups have the same opportunity to reserve tables on a first come, first served basis. Only currently registered student organizations are able to make reservations in accordance with table reservation guidelines.
- There are 44 reservable spots at the Memorial Union (existing tables #1-22 and temporary spaces #23-44) and 10 tables at the Silo Union (A-J).
- If your student organization reserves a temporary space at the Memorial Union (#23-44), you are responsible for bringing your own table (and chairs if desired).
- Student organizations may reserve only one table per day.
- Due to renovation of MU East Wing, tables #14-22 have some impacted visibility, but the walkway is clear and still used as a thoroughfare.
Create a Profile Prior to Making Your Online Reservation
- One member of your group will need to create a user profile prior to making reservations using the Campus Recreation and Unions online store.
- Create Profile
- When entering your name, please put your student organization’s name after your last name so staff know which group is reserving each table.
For reservations for the remainder of the quarter, as well as the rest of the year, use the usual in-person reservation process with reservations being accepted in person at the Memorial Union Guest Services four weeks in advance. Call (530) 752-2222 or email Memorial Union Guest Services with questions.
Get excited for welcoming new students to UC Davis and add your event to the Fall Welcome calendar. The Fall Welcome 2016 date ranges are September 1-October 15, with Welcome Week happening September 17-23.
Please use the form here to propose a new event for the Fall Welcome calendar, hosted in the Student Life section of the UC Davis Academic and Events Calendar. A quick check of the List of Main Events link will help ensure your proposed event will not conflict with any of the larger Fall Welcome gatherings.
Thoughts on the New Bulletin? Connect with CSI and Share!
CSI is open for our summer hours of Monday-Friday, 10am-2pm, in 442 Memorial Union. Drop by to see us, or as always, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-752-2027.