In this Bulletin…
Dates and Deadlines
- Locker Applications for 2017-2018
- Agency Account Deadlines
- Congratulations Sanjana Naik- May’s Student Leader of the Month!
- Clean Out Your CSI Mailbox by June 30
- Find Your Officer Information Guidebook Online Today
- SmartSite, OrgSync & Student Organizations
- Design Rooms for Chancellor’s Residence
- Join the 2017-2018 Student Organization Wellness Initiative
Dates and Deadlines
June 16: Last day to submit agency account requests prior to fiscal close.
Student organization registration has begun for the 2017-2018 academic year! Please read on for all the things you need to know to prepare for registration and complete it effectively.
It’s a simple process, but you need to be prepared. The four major steps include:
- President/Primary Officer and Treasurer/Financial Officer must complete online orientation.
- Submit a registration request form on OrgSync through the Registered Student Organization’s portal.
- All five officers must review and accept terms and conditions.
- If applicable and you want an on-campus bank account, access to space reservations, and more, renew your agency account.
Make sure your leadership team can access your OrgSync portal and is able to edit and update your profile on May 15. Visit our website for more information on what you need, the benefits to registering early, and the steps to make it happen.
Don’t let your student org registration expire! Register early to avoid this lapse in recognition and good standing. Registration for 2016-2017 expires, agency accounts go inactive, mailboxes are reassigned, and room reservations are paused on June 30, 2017, if your student organization does not re-register for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or reach out to your CSI Primary Contact!), call us at (530) 752-9579, or stop by at 442 Memorial Union. We’re happy to help!
As we previously shared, beginning July 1, 2017, Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) will be responsible for paying for room reservations. Student Affairs remains committed to supporting RSOs and will provide $50,000 through the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) to assist with room reservation fees for the 2017–18 academic year. Once a determination has been made about how CSI will distribute the funds, we will update you. If you have specific questions relating to the rates, please contact email@example.com. For all other questions, please contact the CSI staff.
The Locker Request Form (https://orgsync.com/22274/forms/199345) for the 2017-2018 will open at 9am on Thursday, June 1. Lockers, located in Lower Freeborn, will be assigned to organizations on a first come first serve basis. Organizations must be registered for the 2017-2018 school year in order to be assigned a locker.
Treasurers and Presidents: Now is the time to reconcile your 2016-2017 budget, so your organization knows how it managed resources this year and where it stands financially. Make sure all bills are paid, members are reimbursed, funds are deposited and income/expenses are well documented for next year’s officers.
Resolve Overdraft Accounts
- Accounts cannot be in overdraft when you leave for summer.
- You are responsible to ensure there are adequate funds in your account no later than June 5 to cover any charges for recent or upcoming events. Check your account’s balance using the Agency Account Information Request form.
- You will be notified of an overdraft by email and given only a few days to resolve it.
- Per registration terms and conditions, the five designated leaders have agreed to be held personally liable, collectively or individually, for any debts or obligations, including overdrawn agency accounts, owed to the University by their organization.
- If your overdraft is not resolved by the deadline you are given, your group will be placed on hold and the five officers’ registration packets and transcripts will be placed on hold through Banner.
Finalize All Agency Account Business by June 16
- Agency Account Transaction Request Forms and corresponding documents must be completed by June 16th
- Check requests submitted after this date will not be processed until July 2017.
- Departmental sponsorships must be complete and fully approved by June 16th.
RSOs that have renewed their agency accounts for 2017-2018 may carry over pending business but will miss the opportunity to thoroughly evaluate this year’s budget in a timely manner. Questions related to agency account transactions can be referred to Christa Oldfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or Samantha Alcantara at email@example.com.
Sanjana is the President of Project RISHI and a member of Club Finance Council. She knows the importance of empowering board members to implement change. Learn more about Sanjana and her advice for emerging leaders by checking out her Student Leader of the Month Spotlight (https://csi.ucdavis.edu/sanjana-naik-student-leader-of-the-month/). Nominate a great leader like Sanjana to be featured in the future (https://orgsync.com/22274/forms/62506).
Be sure to clean out your mailbox in the Center for Student Involvement (442 MU) and collect anything important before the end of spring quarter. Your last chance to recover the contents will be June 30. Incoming first class mail will be returned and the rest recycled. If you have renewed your registration but your mailbox has been neglected for months, we will purge old flyers and junk mail.
If you do not register or do not have a registration request pending by June 30, 2017, your registration will expire and your current mailbox number will be discontinued and possibly reassigned to another student organization. For student organizations that have off-campus bank accounts or other community partnerships, maintaining registration and your current mailbox number will ensure effective transition from the 2016-2017 to the 2017-2018 academic year.
We are excited to announce our release of the Officer Information Guidebook. This Guidebook is open for all students to catalyze their success as leaders of their student organization. Resources focus on Presidents, Treasurers, Authorized Reservers, and Publicity Chairs, but are not limited to these positions! Highlights include leadership development workshops, leadership library, grants, fundraising advice, and more. All resources are available through Center for Student Involvement and at your disposal all year long.
As you may be aware, SmartSite, a Collaborative Learning Environment for courses and projects, has been replaced on campus. Instruction in SmartSite will end in June 2017. Project sites end sometime in the 2017-2018 academic year.
If your student organization maintains any active SmartSite projects, you must transition to OrgSync. OrgSync allows Registered Student Organizations to access features similar to SmartSite such as calendaring, file sharing, polling, announcements, etc.
Please let CSI know if you need any assistance in setting up a new OrgSync site, or extracting materials from SmartSite.
Even before Chancellor-designate Gary May and his wife, LeShelle, move into the official residence at the University of California, Davis, they are welcoming students to be part of its very fabric – literally.
In the Chancellor’s Residence Interior Design Contest that launches May 10, the couple is inviting current UC Davis students to submit designs for the living room and study, which are among the public rooms at the Chancellor’s Residence. “The Chancellor’s Residence is a resource that belongs to all of the UC Davis community,” May said. “We are asking students to help us create an environment that is welcoming and one that reflects our campus community.”
What: Create the interior design of the living room and/or the study of the Chancellor’s Residence to be reflective of Northern California and the UC Davis community.
When: Entry period: May 15, 2017 – June 30, 2017, Judging Period: July 3 – July 31, 2017
Who can enter: Current undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at UC Davis as of May 10, 2017.
The Student Organization Wellness Initiative (SOWI) is recruiting registered student organizations for 2017-2018! SOWI connects student organizations with tools and resources to help them positively impact the health and wellness of their organization members and the campus community. If your organization is interested in joining SOWI, please complete the application by Friday, June 30. If you have questions, email Shantille Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org.