The Center for Student Involvement encourages you to make use of our CLEAR (Custom Leadership Education and Resources) Workshops! CSI staff members will come to your department or student organization meeting to facilitate an interactive workshop on a topic of your choice. These workshops will provide your organization with leadership development skills, team-building activities and strategies to ensure your organization’s success.
There are a variety of workshops to choose from. You can work with your facilitator to customize a workshop that meets the needs of your organization/department too. Each workshop topic will typically range from forty minutes to an hour long. If you are interested in more than one topic, you will have the option to have one joint session or to split topics across multiple sessions. You can see the full list of workshop topics below.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
CLEAR Workshop Topics
- Defining Leadership – We will talk about different definitions of leadership, and tips on how to confidently use previous leadership experiences.
- Delegation and Committee Utilization – Learn how to delegate tasks and utilize committees to make your student organization more efficient. Bring out the best strengths in your team and learn how to engage both leadership and members to participate in your programming.
- Goal Setting and Strategic Planning – What are your student organization’s goals for the year? Do you have a strategy to achieve your goal of growing your organization? Let us help you develop goals and a strategic plan to put into action.
- Hazing Prevention and Upstander Intervention – Many student organizations can feel like home away from home. It is important that all of your new and continuing members are safe and feel respected. At this workshop we will discuss strategies to prevent hazing, how to report hazing, healthy team building alternatives, and the importance of bystander intervention.
- Passing the Torch: Inspiring Leadership Through Mentorship – Is your organization being challenged because you feel like you have to start all over again with each new leadership team? Implementing an effective officer transition program for your student organization is a critical responsibility of outgoing leadership. Learn strategies that will ensure future success for your organization.
- Conflict Management and Communication – This workshop will focus on strategies to apply critical thinking and active listening to address group and individual conflicts. We will talk about strategies to have difficult conversations, navigate conflicts, practice perspective-taking, and explore the value of “listening to understand”, as opposed to “listening to respond”.
- Maintaining Momentum: Addressing Burnout, Life Balance, and Self Care – Learn how to keep you and your members motivated, discuss strategies of care as you balance different responsibilities, and how initiative relates to success in leadership, work and life! This workshop will help to reground your organization and have you collaborate with each other on how to move forward sustainably.
- Team Building Retreat – For this workshop, Center for Student Involvement will facilitate team builders and icebreakers. This is a great way to get to know everyone in the group, build trust, and strengthen relationships among your organization. Tailor your team building activities to fit the comfort and capacity of your team.
CLUB FUNCTIONS AND RESOURCES:
- A Step by Step Guide to Planning Your On-Campus Event – Need a comprehensive timeline and plan to map out your events? This workshop will help RSO leaders planning events on campus to learn about the reservation and event-planning process, and will break down the essential steps toward a successful event.
- AggieLife 101 – Walkthrough AggieLife with us! This workshop will explain the platform and the functions available to you as student organizations (events, email, adding members, surveys and forms).
- Funding Fundamentals: Fundraising and Grants – Learn about strategies, resources, and opportunities at UC Davis to fund your student organizations events and initiatives! This workshop will provide you with the tools you need to maximize your financial opportunities at UC Davis. We will help you learn about maintaining your agency account, setting up on-campus fundraisers and applying for grants!
- Including Diverse Perspectives in Your Student Organization – This workshop will provide an opportunity to strategize ways in which you can build an inclusive and diverse student organization that incorporates different perspectives. Additionally, we will discuss how using inclusive language and incorporating the Principles of Community into the mission of your organization will help empower every member of your group.
- Make Your Mark: Effective Marketing and Advertising Strategies – This workshop will present effective ways to promote your student organization and inform students about the opportunities you provide. Learn general social media marketing tips, on campus posting guidelines, and start a marketing structure that works best for your org.
- Making Meetings Engaging and Effective – Want to plan and conduct more effective and engaging meetings? This workshop will provide an overview of the necessary steps in planning and facilitating meetings, and strategies to evaluate and improve your meetings as well.
- Risky Business: Risk Resources 101 – This workshop will examine potential risks involved in student organization activities, review proactive and corrective action steps to reduce risk, and consider personal and organizational liability when action must be taken.
- Sustaining Community: Recruitment and Retention – Why did you join your org and what made you stay? Learn different ways to connect with potential members, how to communicate your mission and values, and strategize retention efforts through reflection and planning.
Build Your Own – This is the option for you if none of the above topics meet the current needs of your organization, or if you can’t pick just one, CSI will work with you to create a custom workshop for your student organization
How to Request a Workshop
To request a workshop, please fill out the CLEAR Workshop Request Form on AggieLife. Your request will be processed within a week. Please submit your request at least three weeks before the workshop is to be held. Student organizations are responsible for securing a campus space for hosting the workshop.