When can I start reserving rooms for my Meetings (MTG) for the next quarter? When can I start reserving Special Events (SPE)?
- Fall quarter reservations are accepted the first day of fall quarter. MTGs for the following quarter may be reserved starting the last day of classes of the current quarter.
- RSOs that re-register during spring quarter for the coming year may reserve space for SPEs through fall quarter. SPEs scheduled for the summer may not be scheduled until the RSO re-registers for the next academic year.
How far in advance do I need to make a reservation for a paid space? For a general classroom space?
- Booking a billable space requires a minimum of 1 month prior to event.
- All SPE reservation requests in general classroom spaces must be made at least 14 weekdays before your event in order to ensure enough time for the approval process.
- All MTG reservation requests in general classroom spaces must be made at least 3 weekdays before your event in order to ensure enough time for the approval process.
How can I alter (i.e. change date/time/location) an existing reservation?
- You can adjust the date, time, or location of an existing reservation by Requesting to Alter Existing Reservations (or you can click on the “Change Reservation” tab on your CES Dashboard). You can also cancel a reservation on the same page.
I checked the Space Availability for the room I want to reserve and it showed that it was available, but when I went to reserve the space, I received an error. What’s going on?
- Facility Setup/Take Down Times: You may be receiving an error because some reservations require time needed by the Facility Manager/Reservation Coordinator for setup and cleanup between reservations. A breakdown of set up/take down times per facility can be reviewed here.
- Reservation Parameters: You may be receiving an error because you’re trying to a reserve a space that requires reservation requests to be made, two business days, two weeks or even 1 month in advance. To learn more about reservation parameters please visit the CSI Reservation Page.
- Exceeding Space Capacity: You may also be receiving an error because the attendance requested exceeds capacity for the space. To check Space Capacity information, click on the name of the space in the Check Space Availability tool.
How many hours can I reserve for a Special Event (SPE) request?
- SPEs can be reserved for up to as many hours as the RSO needs in one day without being charged reservation fees. Reservation times will also depend on the operating hours of the facility.
Why am I required to fill out an Event Form on AggieLife for my Special Event (SPE) reservations?
- The AggieLife Event Form is a required step for SPE processes because it allows all those involved with the reservation process to communicate via one platform. RSOs cannot move forward with securing event approvals for SPEs until they complete an Event Form on AggieLife.
I need ___ (audio/visual support, tables/chairs rentals, or parking permits) for my event! Who can help?
- Audio/visual Support: Your organization is responsible for securing AV equipment and technological systems prior to the meeting. If you need additional assistance with setting up AV equipment, you may contact CSI, who will get you in touch with the correct department to facilitate rental.
- Tables/Chairs: Your organization is responsible for securing event rentals prior to the event. Visit UC Davis Special Services to learn how to secure event rentals for your event. Please note that, in order to alter the setup in the room you’ve requested, you must rearrange the room contents (i.e. furniture, AV equipment, etc.) in their original positions after the meeting. If the space is not arranged properly and/or missing contents, you may incur reservation and custodial charges to restore the room.
- Parking Permits: To obtain parking permits for guest attendees, please visit the Transportation Services Special Events Parking System.
What is the difference between Client Access Time and Event Time on the Reservation Form?
- Client Access Time: The time that the RSO (client) is allowed in the facility for their own setup and cleanup.
- Event Time: The actual time of the event when guests are expected to be in the facility.
Why was time added to my reservation?
- This is the mandatory time needed by the Facility Manager/Reservation Coordinator for setup and cleanup between reservations. A breakdown of set up/take down times per facility can be reviewed here.
- The setup/takedown time does not count towards the 4 hours per week.
I need to reserve a classroom before 6pm during the week. What is the process?
- Email CSI with a clear request of the date, time and location you are requesting.
- CSI will confirm registration status, Authorized Reservers and sufficient funds, then share the process for reservation the space.
- Once the process has commenced, CES will confirm availability with the Registrar in order to grant the exception and confirm the reservation details.
- Note: This process will incur a coordination fee from CES. The fee is billed in 15 minute increments at their hourly rate of $105.