Special Event Reservations
Basics: Getting Started
- Requests may be made for Fall Quarter of the next academic year as soon as the student org is registered and agency account is activated
- For SPEs in classroom spaces, you are required to complete reservation requests a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- For SPEs in billable/paid spaces, you are required to complete reservation request at least one month in advance.
- Reservation fees are applied (per room per day) to most SPE reservations.
- Reservation requests on hold due to insufficient funds must be acted upon within 2 business days. Failure to do so may result in the request being cancelled.
Making the Reservation Request
1. To reserve a room, go to the CES website and click on Students, Staff, and Campus Interest Groups to access the Online Reservation Form.
2. Click on Make a Reservation and choose the appropriate account and organization profile which you are planning to make a reservation for. Then, choose an insurance option for your event. (Most RSOs fall under the University Insurance Policy.)
3. Once completed, you will be presented with a page that details the building/room, date, attendance, and client/event times. Fill out the requested information to proceed.
- Client Access Time: The time that the RSO (client) is allowed in the facility for their own setup and cleanup.
- Event Time: The actual time of the event when guests are expected to be in the facility.
- If you’re planning multiple events for the quarter, you can easily duplicate an event by checking the boxes on the bottom and clicking Add Another Facility Use. A second listing will appear with a copy of the information you have indicated to duplicate. Simply change any information desired for your next meeting.
4. After you’ve decided when, where, and how many meetings you’re going to reserve, you can proceed to fill out all additional details regarding your reservation. This will let us know a little more about what’s going on at your events, what exceptions you might need and how we might contact you if needed. If anything has been improperly filled out, you’ll be given an alert letting you know what the issue in your submission is and how it may be fixed to proceed.
Once the request has been submitted, an email will be sent letting you know that your reservation has been received. The contents of the email will include how to create an event for the special event on AggieLife and the contact information for the facility manager/reservation coordinator. Student organizations must reach out to the facility managers before it can be approved.
Create an AggieLife Event Form
Before your special event is confirmed, we ask that you create an event on your organization’s AggieLife Page. This is meant to serve as a record of your events throughout the quarter as well as allowing all those involved with the reservation process to communicate via one platform. Please follow the steps below to create an AggieLife Form:
1. Sign into AggieLife.
2. Scroll to My Membership and click your student org’s name.
3. Once at the Business Career and Networking Club page, click “Manage Organization.”
4. Once at the Manage Organization Page, click “Events” on the left drop-down menu.
5. On the Events page, click “Create an Event” and complete the form. When indicating the type of reservation you have secured for this event, choose Special Event, reserved through Conference and Event Services.
Student organizations are allocated four hours of Meetings reservations per week in general assignment classroom spaces or ARC/MU/SCC meeting rooms. Beyond this allotment, the following reservation fees apply.
- Classroom Spaces: A $32 reservation per room per day will be charged to ALL organizations for events.
- Paid/Billable Spaces: If you’re having a MTG in a paid space such as the ARC, Memorial Union, or the SSC, there still will be a $32 reservation fee in addition to any potential facility fees.
|Reservation Date Adjustment||Results in a cancellation (No CES charges, but there may be additional fees for coordination of services requestioned through Reservation Coordinator.)|
|Reservation Location Adjustment||Results in a cancellation (No CES charges, but there may be additional fees for coordination of services requestioned through Reservation Coordinator.)|
|Reservation Time Adjustment||Changes will incur a coordination fee which will be billed in 15 minute increments at CES hourly rate of $105|
|Reservation Account Number Adjustment||$20 coordination fee for Departments (RSO may only use assigned account)|
|RSO reserves a non-billable space in the MU and does not show up||$15 per hour no show fee|
Note: Reservation requests on hold due to insufficient funds must be acted upon within 2 business days. Failure to do so may result in the request being cancelled.
Reservation Coordinators and Facility Managers
- After you get in contact with your reservation coordinator/facility manager, you may need to meet with them depending on the event details
- Your reservation coordinator will review everything needed for your event and confirm costs.
- Your reservation coordinator/facility manager will guide you through this process and inform you of which service units you need to get in contact with
- The Campus Service Units are required for approval depending on what your event needs. In order for your event to be approved you must connect with the Service Units that fulfills your event’s needs