Registration is an important step to renewing your student organization! Once your student organization is registered, the group is recognized by the University and becomes eligible for many privileges, opportunities and services.
Please note the following important updates regarding student organization registration for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- To accommodate their semester schedule, registration for student organizations that function from the professional schools (Schools of Law, Medicine, Nursing, and Veterinary Medicine) will launch on Monday, April 2, 2018 and close on Friday, October 6, 2018.
- All other student organizations will launch registration on Monday, May 21, 2018 and close on Friday, October 6, 2018.
- A second registration period will also be available following fall quarter finals period.
- Agency Account activation fees will vary. If your student organization registers and activates the agency account by Saturday, June 30, 2018, the fee will be $35. After that date, the fee will be $45.
As part of registration renewal, the President and Treasurer must complete online orientation, as it aims to equip each officer with the tools and skills needed to understand the different policies and procedures in running a student organization.
Select five currently registered UC Davis students who will be Officers of the organization. Officers must be included on the organization’s roster.
Delegate two out of the five officers to be Authorized Reservers. The Authorized Reservers are responsible for reserving space on campus for events and meetings.
Update out of date information. Remember to look over out of date information such as your organization’s description, old website or Facebook links, how many members your club now serves, and if you have a different advisor overseeing your organization.
Agency Accounts are required for reserving classrooms and campus facilities as well as applying for grants from Club Finance Council (CFC) and Beyond Tolerance. To open an Agency Account, you are required to pay an annual fee.
NOTE: Agency Account activation fees will vary. If your student organization registers and activates the agency account by Saturday, June 30, 2018, the fee will be $35. After that date, the fee will be $45.
Although it differs from a typical bank account in that you have no checkbook, it may be used as the organization’s general operating fund for all income, expenditures and campus recharges. Agency Accounts expire on June 30 of the year in which they were activated.
Two of the five officers identified in your Registration Form may serve as Authorized Reservers. Authorized Reservers have access to make reservations on behalf of your student organization. In order to gain access, Authorized Reservers are required to complete an online Authorized Reservers Training.
When the registration form is submitted, CSI staff will cross-reference officers with completed orientation and Terms and Conditions. If requirements are not complete, the form will be denied with a comment that indicates the requirements still needed. If your request is denied, this is your chance to try again.
- Access your submissions page to resume any partial submissions or view the status of completed ones. To locate this list, click on your initial or photo in the top right of the screen and select Submissions. This defaults to your list of form submissions.
- You can edit and re-submit denied forms by clicking the view icon (the “eye”).
If your student organization has not registered with the Center for Student Involvement in the past and you are trying to register as a NEW student organization for the upcoming school year, please click here to read further instructions on how to do that.