Search for a Student Organization
AggieLife is our online portal for all registered student organizations (RSOs). Here, you can learn more about what they do and find links to their websites, Facebook pages etc.
Create a profile on AggieLife using your UC Davis Kerberos ID and password to get the best experience using the site. Once you are logged in, you can directly send messages to RSO leaders.
Confused on what Student Organization to join?
Interested in joining a student organization but don’t know where to start? Use our Involvement Calculator to make your search easier! You can enter your hobbies, interests, goals etc. on the Calculator and you will be sent a custom list of organizations with their contact information. The list is a great place to get started with the involvement process and reach out to student leaders!
TOP TEN REASONS TO GET INVOLVED
- It’s fun. A good balance between work and other pursuits will help you to relax, reduce stress, stay healthy and keep up academically.
- It aids in transition to college by helping you find a niche on campus where you can meet new friends and make a contribution. Involvement contributes to a sense of belonging, community and confidence.
- It often provides direct academic support and preparation for graduate and professional school.
- Involvement give you “hands-on” opportunities to experience what you learn in class, test yourself in a safe environment and apply classroom knowledge to real life situations.
- It helps you build supportive relationships outside of class with students, faculty, staff and community leaders. These networks can really help you persist in your studies when the going gets tough.
- It provides valuable experience that may lead to a career choice and help you develop skills sought by potential employers.
- It can help you learn to structure your time and force you to be a better manager of your schedule and competing responsibilities and activities.
- It gives you opportunities to carry on campus traditions and join student efforts to address global issues, serve the community, educate the campus and pursue artistic or recreational interests. Involvement can promote lifelong interests that enrich your life for years to come.
- It demonstrates the importance of teamwork and communication in problem-solving and conflict resolution, and help you develop leadership, organization and life skills. These skills typically aren’t learned in the classroom but are essential in preparing for your professional life.
- It provides a small group to call home on a large campus, as well as interaction with people from different backgrounds than yourself and exposure to new ideas and cultures.
THINK ABOUT YOUR INVOLVEMENT GOALS
What does it mean to “get involved”? Getting involved at UC Davis looks and feels different to everyone. Check out our series of Get Involved! videos to hear about the diverse and unique experiences of UC Davis students who got involved!
Answering these questions for yourself will help you think about what opportunities you want to pursue.
- What am I looking for in an organization or activity?
- Do I primarily want to make new friends?
- Do I want to work on something I believe in?
- Do I want to explore something new?
- Should I be in a group that relates to my major or career interest?
- Do I want a break from my academics?
- What skills do I want to learn?
- Shall I continue an interest from high school?
- Do I want to help make things happen?
- How much time do I have for an organization?
- Can I manage any financial obligations?
Get Involved! Videos
What does it mean to “get involved”? Getting involved at UC Davis looks and feels different to everyone. Check out the videos below to hear about the diverse and unique experiences of UC Davis students who got involved!