The Center for Student Involvement wants to showcase the great artwork of the Aggie Community in the center!
Who is eligible to apply to showcase artwork in CSI?
Any current undergraduate, graduate student may apply to submit art to be displayed in the center.
How is art chosen?
- The artist must submit the CSI Aggies Art Project Application Form with a digital sample(s) of their exhibition through AggieLife and provide a digital sample of their exhibition.
- The art must addresses student engagement at UC Davis. The art needs to showcases students authoring their own experiences, developing their sense of belonging and discovering their passion.
- Other themes considered:
- The art must comply with all campus policies.
- The art must fits within the parameters of the space available at the center. No work of art can be longer than four feet. Additionally, no individual piece of artwork can weigh over 20 pounds.
- Your art is chosen by a committee of one career staff member and two student staff, determining how it fits the themes of the center.
What are the artists’ expectations and responsibilities?
Once the art is selected to be put on display, the artist must meet with the director of the center in person and go through a checklist with them regarding the items below:
- The artist agrees that the CSI may publish and disclose information about them and their work.
- The artist agrees to abide to CSI policies and procedures.
- Art is hung at its own risk. The CSI is not liable to what happens to the hanging of artwork in the center, whether it falls, in case of theft, or any other scenario.
- CSI Lounge is based off of an art hanging system that works only with two-dimensional artwork. Framed art is hung on the back and matted art is hung through nails.
All email contact or questions should be directed to Kristin Dees (firstname.lastname@example.org).