Basics for Meetings
Meeting Requests for the following quarter may be reserved the last day of instruction of the current quarter. Fall Quarter requests are accepted the first day of Fall Quarter.
- For all registered student organizations, they are all given four hours of FREE meeting time each week. This allotment refreshes every week and does not cumulate, this means every week (Sunday – Saturday) each organization gets a renewed four hours of free meeting time.
- Reservation requests for MTGs must be made at least two weekdays in advance to ensure enough time for the approval process.
Making the Reservation Request
1. To reserve a room, go to the CES website and click on RESERVE in the top banner.
2. Click on Make a Reservation and choose the appropriate account and organization profile which you are planning to make a reservation for. Then, choose an insurance option for your event. (Most RSOs fall under the University Insurance Policy.)
3. Once completed, you will be presented with a page that details the building/room, date, attendance, and client/event times. Fill out the requested information to proceed.
- Client Access Time: The time that the RSO (client) is allowed in the facility for their own setup and cleanup.
- Event Time: The actual time of the event when guests are expected to be in the facility.
- If you’re planning multiple events for the quarter, you can easily duplicate an event by checking the boxes on the bottom and clicking Add Another Facility Use. A second listing will appear with a copy of the information you have indicated to duplicate. Simply change any information desired for your next meeting.
4. After you’ve decided when, where, and how many meetings you’re going to reserve, you can proceed to fill out all additional details regarding your reservation. This will let us know a little more about what’s going on at your events, what exceptions you might need and how we might contact you if needed. If anything has been improperly filled out, you’ll be given an alert letting you know what the issue in your submission is and how it may be fixed to proceed.
5. After you’ve filled everything out and hit that submission button, you are finished with your Meeting request! Once it’s been processed, you’ll be sent an email with a confirmation for your event.
If no additional information is needed based upon your submission, you will receive an email letting you know that the meeting has been approved.
If additional approval is needed, you will receive an email asking for the necessary information. Failure to provide this information may result in delays or the request being cancelled.
After all necessary information has been provided, an email will be sent letting you know that your reservation has been approved. The contents of the email include approval, how to create an event for the meeting on AggieLife, and contact information for the facility manager. The contact information is provided for the student organizations so they can reach out and confirm the reservation if necessary.
Create an AggieLife Event Form
After your meeting is confirmed, we ask that you create an event on your organization’s AggieLife Page. This is meant to serve as a record of your events throughout the quarter as well as allowing all those involved with the reservation process to communicate via one platform. This is also another easy way to share your event with the campus community. Instructions to create a form:
- Head over to AggieLife at aggielife.ucdavis.edu and sign in.
- Navigate to the Events page. Click on the “Events” page either on a toolbar or your center dashboard. If you are an organization officer you click the top right “Create Event” button to get started.
- Create an event by following the prompts and filling out the necessary fields.
- Once you submit, your event will be reviewed by campus event administrators. You will then be notified of any additional requirements necessary for approval before receiving a final confirmation.
Student organizations are allocated four hours of Meetings reservations per week in general assignment classroom spaces or ARC/MU/SCC meeting rooms. Beyond this allotment, the following reservation fees apply.
- Classroom Spaces: A $32 reservation per room per day will be charged to ALL organizations for events.
- Paid/Billable Spaces: If you’re having a MTG in a paid space such as the ARC, Memorial Union, or the SSC, there still will be a $32 reservation fee in addition to any potential facility fees.
|Reservation Date Adjustment||Results in a cancellation (No CES charges, but there may be additional fees for coordination of services requested through Reservation Coordinator.)|
|Reservation Location Adjustment||Results in a cancellation (No CES charges, but there may be additional fees for coordination of services requested through Reservation Coordinator.)|
|Reservation Time Adjustment||Changes will incur a coordination fee which will be billed in 15 minute increments at CES hourly rate of $105|
|Reservation Account Number Adjustment||$20 coordination fee for Departments (RSO may only use assigned account)|
|RSO reserves a non-billable space in the MU and does not show up||$15 per hour no show fee|
Note: Reservation requests on hold due to insufficient funds must be acted upon within 2 business days. Failure to do so may result in the request being cancelled.